Luciamoomakeup nominated me for the Liebster award! How sweet is she!? Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award. I am so honored to be recognized by a fellow blogger. Go check Luciamoomakeup out where she has great posts that are fashion and beauty oriented.
The Liebster Award is a recognition from bloggers to other fellow bloggers and a great way for bloggers to discover new sites.
Here are the rules:
Luciamoomakeup has given me the following questions to answer:
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging in August 2015 for a number of reasons. For one, this was a difficult time for me after losing our family dog after two years of illness. I was also having a lot of anxiety related to school (I am getting my doctorate in nursing). So I wanted something that was productive and fun to put some of my energy and mind in to. I feel like blogging has really helped me to gain control over my anxiety and given me the ability to connect with people that have similar interests to me (outside of nursing and teaching), which is makeup and beauty.
2. What is your favorite makeup brand? Hmm…this is a toughy. High end is probably Nars. Drugstore: L’Oreal
3. Favorite makeup palette? Lorac Pro Palette. It has both matte and shimmer and has excellent transition shades (hello, mauve!)
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Madrid, Spain. I studied abroad the summer between my sophomore and junior years in college and fell in love.
5. Favorite place to eat out? A local gastro pub in my town that has the best cheese and meat board and great cocktails.
6. Makeup brushes you can’t live without. Anything by Real Techniques, but especially their “Beauty Blender” sponge (not technically a brush but it’s something I cannot live without!) and the base shadow brush.
7. Biggest fear Fire. I have always had a huge fear of fire, ever since I was little.
8. Where would you like to be in 5 years? I would like to be in a tenured track teaching position and working on my research path in transgender health studies.
9. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I love my current career as a nurse educator, but if I could do something else (not feasible at all, but still…) I would own a jazz night club.
10. Favorite movie The Secret Garden from 1993 with Maggie Smith
11. Beauty product you can’t live without Probably ABH Brow Wiz, because I could probably live without makeup (if forced!), but I have no brows of my own so have to fill them in.
Eleven Random Facts About Myself
- I was obsessed with decorating and playing with my dollhouse as a child and thought I would grow up to be an architect and interior designer.
- I danced many years in my childhood and adolescence, but I was terrible and so clumsy!
- I come from a long line of nurses: my great aunt, my mom and aunt, and me!
- I have seen every episode of The Office (American version) at least five times each. I could probably quote it by heart!
- I am super organized but am a terrible procrastinator. Kind of an oxymoron.
- My favorite band in high school and college was Nine Inch Nails, which always surprises people since I’m so quiet.
- I loved being ages 6-11 and would definitely like to relive them!
- However, I hated ages 12-18 and would not like to relive those!
- I have two sisters and one brother, and we are all three years a part. I am the oldest at 29, Emily is 26, and April and Travis are twins and are going to be 23 in April.
- I still get nervous lecturing in front of my students even after doing the same lectures for two years.
- Abby is my rock, soul mate, and partner in everything. We have similar senses of humor and enjoy being homebodies. We get married on May 22 this year!
I nominate these fabulous bloggers:
- My Simple Frugal Life
- Spring Summer Sam
- L’Amour et la Musique
- For The Love of Blonde
- Coffee like a Gilmore
- Aleeya Azimulla
Here are the questions for you to answer:
- What is your favorite lippie?
- What is your favorite book, and why?
- If you could only have five makeup products, what would they be?
- Who is someone you would like to have dinner and conversation with, living or dead?
- What is your number one goal at this very moment to accomplish?
- What is your favorite cocktail or alcoholic beverage?
- What is your holy grail skincare product? Only one!
- What type of music/band/singer is your go-to when needing to decompress?
- Who is your favorite actor and actress?
- What blog do you have to check daily for updates? (Link them, so we can check them out too!)
- Why did you start a blog?
I look forward to seeing all the nominees’ responses and who they tag! And thank you again, Luciamoomakeup, for the nomination!