I thought I would share a few of my favorite things and experiences from the past year. Check it out! xoxox
I’m starting a new project pan challenge and wanted to share it with you! Check out what palette(s) I am panning for 2017.
Happy New Year! I know many people have already shared their goals/resolutions and outlook for this new year. I wanted to do the same. I tend to prefer the word goals instead of resolutions as goals seem more feasible and can either be short or long term. I don’t know if I have ever been successful at a resolution, but know I have met many of my goals in the past.
I wanted to keep it simple this year with healthy living goals and beauty goals.
- Drink more water…doesn’t everyone have this as a goal!
- Practice yoga 3 times a week.
- Transition home products (mostly cleaning supplies) to non-toxic products.
- Focus on the makeup I have. This includes more project panning to enjoy the products in my stash and help to move them out. I aim to have a more curated collection of products I love. This will take years, but I want to start in 2017.
- Come off hormonal birth control. We want to start expanding our family in the fall, and I need to transition off B.C. this spring to make sure my cycles are regular to conceive more easily.
- Explore acupuncture and crystal healing.
- Treat myself to more massages. This is a fun one, but also healthy. While spending less on makeup each month, I can use that money to improve my health through massages and possibly acupuncture.
- No spend on makeup! I have already broken this one, but it is my birthday this month, and I wanted my Sephora birthday gift (first world probs). I purchased a few products (all non-toxic) as a gift to myself. I will share this in an upcoming haul! So after my birthday, I will resume my no spend! 😛
- When I do need to purchase skincare, body care, hair care, and makeup, review ingredients and opt for non-toxic products.
I thought about rounding this out to 10, but decided the 9 were sufficient. I know the hardest goals will be my yoga practice and drinking more water. I have a problem with diet coke! But I think the purpose of this is to create intention. And that is what I want to live by this year in all aspects of my life: personal, school, work, and this blog:
Today I wanted to share the products I will be working on for a project pan challenge. I hope to finish these 8 products up by March 20th for “Finish 7 By Spring.” (I am combining two products as they are almost gone anyway). Check out the video below to see the introduction to this challenge!
I have a special additional post this week, and it is a new project pan collaboration called Sweet On Project Pan. I’m excited to join in on this challenge for such a fun and sweet project!
2016 introduced me to the world of project panning, and I am so happy it did! Despite my failures and stumbles along with the way, I have enjoyed working on challenges and interacting with fellow project panners. So today, I want to share my final update on my first project pan challenge, which I called Project 10 Pan 2016. I’m not sure if I am going to continue this challenge for 2017 at this point, as I have seasonal challenges and Pan that Palette in the works. But my overall goal for 2017, in regard to panning, is to continue using up products, without repurchasing, and curating a collection of products that isn’t overwhelming and filled with items I love.
The first picture is from the intro, second from today…I used up all three of these products earlier on in the project. The Mario Badescu eye gel is long gone (must have thrown it away). Alba Botanica moisturizer is really nice and more eco friendly. Aussie hair spray has been in my stash for years, so while a great product, I am happy to move on to other hair sprays.
The first picture is from intro, last two from today…I am calling it quits on the NYX Leather and Lace eyeshadow. While a little product remains, I don’t want to repress it and feel I got my use out of it. Nars Ashes to Ashes is my favorite eyeshadow ever, so I am okay with having product remaining. I have a nice pan going in UD Naked shadow from the Naked 1 palette. It’s a great transition shade.
The first picture is from Update 2, where I had replaced the ELF powder and The Body Shop Honey Bronzer for NYX HD powder and Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer as I no longer loved the first two products. Second picture is from today, and I have hit pan on PF bronzer, which was my goal. And the NYX powder is going strong with a nice amount of pan showing.
First picture is from intro, second from today…The Pixi eyeliner is so dry it hurts my eyes, so I haven’t used it since the last update. I am tossing this and calling it donzo. The Nars Dolce Vita lipstick is still one of my favorites, so while I didn’t finish it up, I still enjoy using it often.
Overall, I am pleased with the outcome of this challenge. I used up four products (Aussie, Mario Badescu, Alba, and NYX es), tossing one (Pixi), and continuing to enjoy the others. I hope you enjoyed following along in my journey with these products in 2016. Did you complete a similar challenge? Let me know in the comments! xoxo
I have been able to share my empties each month this year and looking back have used up a lot of my stash…yet it keeps growing! I hope to continue using up products in 2017 and curate a collection of products I really love. I hope you enjoy! Happy New Year!