Happy New Year! I know many people have already shared their goals/resolutions and outlook for this new year. I wanted to do the same. I tend to prefer the word goals instead of resolutions as goals seem more feasible and can either be short or long term. I don’t know if I have ever been successful at a resolution, but know I have met many of my goals in the past.
I wanted to keep it simple this year with healthy living goals and beauty goals.
- Drink more water…doesn’t everyone have this as a goal!
- Practice yoga 3 times a week.
- Transition home products (mostly cleaning supplies) to non-toxic products.
- Focus on the makeup I have. This includes more project panning to enjoy the products in my stash and help to move them out. I aim to have a more curated collection of products I love. This will take years, but I want to start in 2017.
- Come off hormonal birth control. We want to start expanding our family in the fall, and I need to transition off B.C. this spring to make sure my cycles are regular to conceive more easily.
- Explore acupuncture and crystal healing.
- Treat myself to more massages. This is a fun one, but also healthy. While spending less on makeup each month, I can use that money to improve my health through massages and possibly acupuncture.
- No spend on makeup! I have already broken this one, but it is my birthday this month, and I wanted my Sephora birthday gift (first world probs). I purchased a few products (all non-toxic) as a gift to myself. I will share this in an upcoming haul! So after my birthday, I will resume my no spend! 😛
- When I do need to purchase skincare, body care, hair care, and makeup, review ingredients and opt for non-toxic products.
I thought about rounding this out to 10, but decided the 9 were sufficient. I know the hardest goals will be my yoga practice and drinking more water. I have a problem with diet coke! But I think the purpose of this is to create intention. And that is what I want to live by this year in all aspects of my life: personal, school, work, and this blog: